Tuesday 6 November 2012

Air filter

As usual, click any image to zoom in.



Mark's C15 doesn't have a pancake air filter fitted so we needed to think about how to make one given that trying to find a second-hand one on ebay is more difficult than getting me to open my wallet. No, I'm not tight-fisted - I'm just trying to breed a new form of moth that has never seen daylight.





Anyway - I was reluctant to let Mark remove the stereo speaker grilles from my Morris Marina (orange with a black vinyl top - tasty) but we spotted some malleable kitchen sink filters in a local emporium.




After cutting two sheets to shape - using the air filter from my C15 as a template - and sandwiching part of my wife's black scarf, (I hope she doesn't start reading this blog...), I came up with this little beauty that we'll fit before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment