Saturday 12 January 2013

Replacement engine in

As usual, click any image to zoom in.






The engine in my C15 has been rattling and knocking so it was time for it to come out and get checked over.



I've bought a "new" one from Mike Kilvert (who sold Mark his green C15) and with his help got it in and converted it to 12v electronic ignition.

These are pics from when I went down to his place in Wales and wired up the Pazon kit, and a video of trying to fire it up for the first time while holding my iPad!





These are a few pics Mark took today when he came over to see the bike.



Sadly, it lost power with a clunk today after riding A MILE or so from home - wondering if a valve has failed seeing as there is no compression at the moment.

Happily, Mark was with me and he not only rode back to my house, picked up my car and drove back, but I was sneaky enough to walk really slowly so that I'd only covered about 150m before he pulled up next to me and took over pushing duties. The exercise will do him good - no flies on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment