Saturday 2 March 2013

Engine rebuild





After a few people taking a look at my bike and saying it sounded OK to ride, I could still hear a knock so we took the engine out and the head off. Lo - the conrod was waggling about when you tried lifting it.



Not fancying trying to repair it ourselves, we found Roger Taylor of RTS Racing while searching on ebay for some spare parts. We dropped the engine off with him today in Gloucester and he reckons that even though he's really busy at the moment, he can turn it round in 2 or 3 weeks.

On another note, Roger explained that the oil return on my other engine sounds fine because the return flow rate is higher than the inbound flow - this is why the initial return rate after starting the bike is excellent but then settles down to a slower rate, even with the odd bubble.

1 comment:

  1. Nice page layout! Your article has a great information about rebuilding engines and it was easy to understand. I enjoyed reading your article because I love engines and I learn a lot. Keep up the nice quality writing and Thank you!.

    Mazda RX8 Engine

    ReplyDelete