Tuesday 25 September 2012

Trip down memory lane

We found some photos tonight from when I lived in the Isle of Man - these photos would be from 1963.

As usual, click any image to zoom in.


     The old bike leaning against a wall belonged to an old boy that used it to get to work on. I passed this machine every day (parked up) as I travelled to work at Keigs the Photographers.
The guy hanging off the pier (Peel harbour) looking into the water for his mate's magneto cover, which I actually witnessed shooting off his bike like a bullet, spotted the cover and was directing his mate to where it sank. Yes, his mate removed his boots and socks and waded out to retrieve the cover. The things we do for our bikes eh.
    
 
        The young lad sitting on his bike resting his feet on my bike lived just down the road from my grandparents' house. His bike was a 350cc Velocette Venom (same model of bike as his father's).
Here he is again - shame I can't remember my old mate's name!
        
        Ah - there she is.
Percy during his lunch hour, faithfully guarding my old bicycle that I traded in for the C15 above! I never looked back (except for that time when I heard the siren and saw blue flashing lights)
        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment